FIAS Students Attend the 2022 Peel Sports Forum
On Monday 27 June, 11 students from Year 10 to Year 12 attended the annual Peel Sports Forum held at the Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club.
The event's theme was 'volunteering in today's world', and the students were privileged to listen to several inspiring guest speakers within the sporting and recreation sector, including:
- Brad Sheppard from the West Coast Eagles
- Local athletes from PRAS (including Year 11 student Caitlin Leather)
- David Templeman (the Minister of Sport and Recreation)
- CEO’s from basketball, cricket and netball
- Michelle Wong (Bust a Burpee)
- Kane Blackman (Leederville Sporting Club)
- Mick Colliss (author, poet, and commentator)
The students had a wonderful day, were most respectful, and represented our school in the best possible way. Every guest speaker commented on how nice it was to see school students attending the event who were currently volunteering in their local sporting associations/clubs or participating in their sporting code.
There was a lot of relevant information for the students to take home, and after speaking to some of them, they found listening to current volunteers quite inspiring and motivating.
They all seemed to really enjoy the final speech of the day from Mick Colliss!
Click an image to enlarge.