2023 Scholarships are now Closed.
The next Scholarships for Years 7 and 11, will be available in 2024.
Frederick Irwin, Mandurah thanks you for your interest in an Academic and/or Music Performance Scholarship for students entering Years 7 or 11 in 2023.
Established in 1991, we are the one of the most established independent school in the Mandurah and surrounding areas. We are a private co-educational school that offers an exceptional educational program for students Kindergarten to Year 12.
The School has a commitment to academic excellence and academic achievement, cultural and sporting pursuits. The awarding of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships for students is an expression of that commitment.
Frederick Irwin is an Anglican School which operates along traditional lines. All students wear school uniform and, within a disciplined, structured environment, all students are supported and encouraged to achieve their potential.
In the first three years of Secondary, students are offered a broad range of courses including Japanese and Music. A wide range of WACE courses is offered in Senior Secondary. Students are taught in modern, purpose built facilities and all of the classrooms are air-conditioned.
A number of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships will be awarded in 2022 for students entering Years 7 and 11 in 2023.
The Scholarships are designed to support students of high academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a common test, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
The Academic Scholarships have now closed. Please check back later this year for information on the 2024 Music Scholarships.
Music Performance Scholarships
The Scholarships are designed to support students with musical talent, and good academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of an instrument performance, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
The Music Scholarships have now closed. Please check back later this year for information on the 2024 Music Scholarships.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are for students entering Years 7 or 11 in 2023.
- Scholarship Value Year 7: 50% of the tuition fees tenable for six years. All other costs, levies, charges etc will be the responsibility of the parents.
Scholarship Value – Year 11: 50% of the tuition fees for the student in both Year 11 and Year 12. All other costs, levies, charges, etc will be the responsibility of the parents.
- Please note that students can apply for both Academic and Music Performance Scholarships, but if successful will be awarded only one Scholarship.
- Continuation of the Academic and Music Performance Scholarship from one year to the next will be dependent upon a Scholarship student’s continuing satisfactory performance, conduct, and contribution to the School. Music Performance Scholarship students will also be required to participate fully in the School’s Music programme including instrumental lessons, bands, ensembles, and performances.
- A copy of July 2021 and December 2021 School Reports are required (including Music Reports/External Music Reports for Music Performance Scholarship applicants.) These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (08) 9537 0099 or posted to the School, marked for the attention of Mrs Dalton, at least 10 days prior to the examination. (School Reports are not required for students currently attending Frederick Irwin.)
To apply for the Academic Scholarship please follow the link below:
To apply for the Music Performance Scholarship please contact the School on (08) 9537 0000 for an application form.
For further information, please contact Mrs Dalton, Principals Personal Assistant.