Years 7 and 11 Scholarships 2020
Thank you for your interest in an Academic and/or Music Performance Scholarship for students entering Years 7 or 11 in 2020.
Frederick Irwin was established in 1991 and in 2019 has 1564 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The School has a commitment to academic excellence and academic achievement, cultural and sporting pursuits. The awarding of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships for students is an expression of that commitment.
Frederick Irwin is an Anglican School which operates along traditional lines. All students wear school uniform and, within a disciplined, structured environment, all students are supported and encouraged to achieve their potential.
In the first three years of Secondary, students are offered a broad range of courses including Japanese and Music. A wide range of WACE courses is offered in Senior Secondary. Students are taught in modern, purpose built facilities and all of the classrooms are air-conditioned.
A number of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships will be awarded in 2019 for students entering Years 7 and 11 in 2020.
The Scholarships are designed to support students of high academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a common test, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
- Academic Scholarship Testing Day – Years 7 and 11: Saturday 8 June 2019 at Frederick Irwin starting at 9.00am.
- Academic Scholarship Application Fee: $95 (inc. GST) – this fee pays for the supply and marking of the Common Scholarship Tests
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Music Performance Scholarships
The Scholarships are designed to support students with musical talent, and good academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of an instrument performance, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
- Music Scholarship Testing Day – Years 7 and 11: Saturday 25 May 2019 at Frederick Irwin starting at 9.00am.
- Music Scholarship Application Fee: $33 (inc. GST)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15 May 2019.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are for students entering Years 7 or 11 in 2020.
- Scholarship Value – Year 7: 50% of the tuition fees tenable for six years. All other costs, levies, charges etc. will be the responsibility of the parents.
- Scholarship Value – Year 11: 50% of the tuition fees for the student in both Year 11 and Year 12. All other costs, levies, charges etc. will be the responsibility of the parents.
- Please note that students can apply for both Academic and Music Performance Scholarships, but if successful will be awarded only one Scholarship.
- Continuation of the Academic and Music Performance Scholarship from one year to the next will be dependent upon a Scholarship student’s continuing satisfactory performance, conduct and contribution to the School. Music Performance Scholarship students will also be required to participate fully in the School’s Music programme including instrumental lessons, bands, ensembles and performances.
- A copy of July 2018 and December 2018 School Reports are required (including Music Reports/External Music Reports for Music Performance Scholarship applicants.) These can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (08) 9537 0099 or posted to the School, marked for the attention of Mrs Dalton, at least 10 days prior to the examination. (School Reports are not required for students currently attending Frederick Irwin.)
To apply for the Academic Scholarship please follow the link below:
To apply for the Music Performance Scholarship please contact the School on (08) 9537 0000 for an application form.
For further information please contact the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Mrs Nicola Dalton Nicola.Dalton@fias.wa.edu.au