Halls Head Primary
At Frederick Irwin we strongly believe that for students to reach their potential, they must have access to a wide range of facilities in order to enhance developing skill sets.
Alongside these facilities, the School also believes that students must also be able to work in different and relaxing environments, and so has created welcoming open areas between buildings and encourages students to utilise these areas during recess, lunch, and occasionally during class time.
The Frederick Irwin Anglican School Halls Head Campus opened its doors to its foundation students for the first day of school, Term 1 2018. Commencing from Kindergarten, students can complete their studies at this campus up until Year 6, where they then transfer to the Meadow Springs campus to complete their education from Year 7 to Year 12.
28 Karon Vista, Halls Head WA 6210
(08) 6558 1207
Halls Head Campus School Buildings and Grounds
- Administration Building –The Administration Building includes a student sick bay, key executive staff offices, administration and photocopying offices and a small staff room. Parents are encouraged to contact Administration for queries regarding student information, reporting absentees and school information.
- Art and Science Room – This room has been designed to maximise the natural light to enable specific science and art works.
- Computer Laboratory – This purpose-designed ICT room has a range of industry standard software available to the students to enable them to produce quality work, as well as allowing students enough space in the lab to work on coding and robotics pathways.
- Hall – Used for Music Lessons, Tutoring and School Presentations, this space has been designed to encourage acoustics and audio-visual displays. The kitchen within this building is also used for catering purposes for school events.
- Hard Courts and Ovals – Primary students have access to the hard courts and ovals during recess and lunch, alongside sporting equipment from the sports shed for students from Year 2 to Year 6.
- Library – Primary students have access to the wide collection of books available, and the whole classroom area is designed for specific age-group use.
- IT Helpdesk – A dedicated IT Helpdesk is located behind the Year 4 classroom, with staff and students being able to access IT help at any point across the day, predominantly in regards to BYOD.
- Play Equipment (Upper Primary) – Year 1 to Year 6 primary students are provided with large Nature Playground area within the main quadrangle which they can use during recess and lunch.
- Play Equipment (Lower Primary) – Kindergarten to Pre-Primary students are provided with an age appropriate Nature Playground area within the Early Learning Centre, as well as a colourful metal play equipment. These students have access to this area during recess and lunch.
- Vegetable Garden – led by the Eco-Committee, the campus vegetable garden is always overflowing with fresh vegetables and other flora.