The Primary School has a long history of engaging with our local community and developing compassion, one of our Core Values, within our students.
Assisting the RAAFA each year in their ANZAC ceremony has become a wonderful opportunity for our students to give back to the community. The choir has also enthusiastically volunteered to sing for our local senior citizens, a truly uplifting experience.
Past initiatives have included students:
- Raising money for communities affected by bushfires;
- Collecting books and basic hygiene items for students of the Philippines;
- Operation Christmas Child, an appeal which provides gifts for disadvantaged students on this special day; and
- Coins for Care, an appeal that has supported Anglicare and disadvantaged children in Myanmar.
The Meadow Springs Campus Primary School also operates a student created publication, ‘Freddie’s Buzz’, which generates and facilitates the opportunity to support many local charities, including:
- HALO Mandurah;
- Mandurah Wildlife Rescue; and
- K9 Rescue
Our commitment to Service Learning is firm, and our engagement is constantly evolving as we regularly seek out and respond to the needs of our local and broader community.