Current as of Friday 9 June 2017.
Term 2 commences Thursday 27 April 2017
|2017 SCHOOL TERM OPENING HOURS|
|2017 SCHOOL HOLIDAY OPENING HOURS|
|Tuesday 18 July
Wednesday 19 July
Volunteers Wanted for 2017
Can you spare a few hours each week or month? We would like to hear from any parent willing to volunteer some time to the school by assisting in the Uniform Shop. This would involve helping in all aspects of the operation of the shop during open hours, approximately 4 hours a week.
If any parent is interested in helping, please contact Mrs Jan Burbidge either at the Uniform Shop or via the School Office on (08) 9537 0000.
Whilst we understand that not every parent can get in to the Uniform Shop (and you give money to your child to make the purchase) where possible, can you please give exact money for the items you need.
Some Helpful Uniform Reminders:
- Kilt length – this should be on or below the middle of the knee; when kneeling the bottom of the skirt should touch the floor.
- All secondary school boys should be wearing a compulsory plain black leather belt with their winter trousers.
- Scarves worn to school must be the Frederick Irwin Anglican School knitted green and gold scarf with the formal winter uniform (from Year 3).
- Tights – Primary girls wear the cotton 70 denier tights. Secondary girls wear the shiny 70 denier tights/stockings. (The cotton tights are a little sturdier for the Primary girls to wear).
- Primary boys – if they are wearing the winter grey shorts, they must wear knee high school grey socks; if they are wearing the winter grey trousers – they can wear short or long school grey socks.
- Polar jacket and vest – can only be worn with the sports uniform, not with the formal uniform.
- Gold and green sports polo – after the change a few years ago, all students should now be wearing the gold/green polo tops not the gold only.
- The microfiber sports jacket and track pants – are to be worn from Year 6 to Year 12. Primary students from Kindergarten to Year 5 wear the nylon fleece top/jacket and pants or the polar fleece jacket.
- Microfiber sports caps are worn from Year 7.
- Clothing items that are faded or damaged will need to be replaced.
- Rain jackets – all Primary students should have a yellow rain jacket in their bags; from Year 5, students are allowed to have the option of a green rain jacket if they either want one, or have grown out of the yellow jacket.
Recently, the Uniform Shop has had several parents into the uniform shop, complaining about lost or taken uniform items.
Please check your children’s uniforms for names. If the item is not yours, please return it to the school office as soon as possible, where the Uniform Shop will be able to give the item to the correct child. If you know the child, please pass it on to the owner.
Please be mindful that all items of clothing must have your child’s name on it. This will not only reduce the risk of lost items, which result in additional costs for families, but items can easily be returned.
Exchange or Refunds on New Uniforms Items.
The Uniform Shop is always willing to exchange or refund new items purchased if they are the wrong size, or if a parent has changed their mind. However, these items need to be:
- Returned with the original purchase receipt;
- Still have the original tags attached or in packaging;
- Be unworn/clean, as when purchased; and
Any item that is marked in anyway, whether it has been worn or not, will not be accepted for a credit or exchange for a different size or item. Your co-operation in this matter would be appreciated. There is no refund on any second hand items.