Message from the Principal – Issue 05, 28 April 2017
Welcome to Term 2! It was so wonderful to welcome our students back yesterday. As always this term promises to be busy in so many ways and I was very pleased to be reminded by one of the speakers at the Anglican Schools Commission Christian Purposes Day on Wednesday of the importance of taking time in the busyness of our lives to sometimes be still and reflect – Taoist Proverb: You cannot see your reflection in running water, only in still water.
We welcome the following staff members to Frederick Irwin (some new to us and some returning once again to help us out while staff are on leave):
- Mrs Holly De Jonge (Primary Music)
- Mr Dave Hill (Practical Arts)
- Mr Peter McIntosh (Visual Arts)
- Ms Taryn Paul (Pre-Primary Education Assistant)
- Ms Aimee Webb (Kindergarten)
Returning from Leave are Mrs Lyn Beacham (Deputy Principals’ Assistant), Mrs Rosalba Williamson (Year 3/4 Education Assistant) – and we welcome them back.
Two staff members have taken on new roles from this term:
- Mr Ian Bowes has been promoted to the Senior Grounds and Maintenance position
- Mrs Jeanne Pistorius will continue as a Music Tutor and has added the role of Music Administrative Assistant
Again this year, Frederick Irwin was represented by some of our students at ANZAC Day services.
Our Head of Primary, Mrs Sue Skehan, and Deputy Head of Primary, Mr Noah Clark, accompanied four Primary Captains, Joshua Irwin, Mitchell McLennan, Ruby Sears and Jaimie Sewell, to the service at the RAAFA; while the Secondary School was represented by the Deputy Principal – Secondary, Mr Andrew Pennycott, and our Head Prefects, Dean Storer and Marizaan Williams at the 11am service in Mandurah.
Our School ANZAC services for Primary and Secondary will be held next week. Lest we forget!
I wish you all a productive, enjoyable and reflective second term.
Please ensure that you also visit the ‘Latest News’ section of our website, or click the links below, so you can keep up to date with some of the wonderful activities and achievements of students and staff over the last few, and upcoming, weeks.
- Year 7 and 11 Scholarships 2018 – Applications Closing Soon!
- Mandurah Teen to Represent WA After Only Six Months Playing Gridiron
- Championships for Surf Life Saving Senior Student
You can also view the latest editions of the Anglican Messenger and the Southern Anglican via our website.