Year 7 and 11, 2018 Applications are now closed.
Frederick Irwin Anglican School has a commitment to academic and musical excellence and achievement. The awarding of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships for students entering Years 7 and 11 is an expression of that commitment.
A number of Academic and Music Performance Scholarships will be awarded for students entering Years 7 and 11 in 2018. See below for further relevant information.
Academic Scholarships, 2018
Academic Scholarships are designed to support students of high academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a common test, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
- Academic Scholarship Testing Day – Years 7 and 11: Saturday 27 May 2017 at Frederick Irwin starting at 9.00am.
Academic Scholarship Applications closed Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Academic Scholarship Application Fee: $93 (inc. GST) – this fee pays for the supply and marking of the Common Scholarship Tests.
Music Performance Scholarships, 2018
Music Scholarships, also awarded to students entering Years 7 and 11, are designed to support students with musical talent, and good academic ability and achievement during their years of Secondary education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of an instrument performance, and a student’s past and present performance at school.
- Music Scholarship Testing Day – Years 7 and 11: Saturday 3 June 2017 at Frederick Irwin starting at 9.00am. (Further information regarding Audition time and location will be forwarded to candidates after the close of applications).
Music Scholarship Applications closed Wednesday 24 May 2017.
Music Scholarship Application Fee: $30 (inc. GST)
For any further information regarding 2018 Academic and Music Scholarships, please contact the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Mrs Dalton, on email@example.com.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are for students entering Years 7 or 11 in 2018.
- Scholarship Value – Year 7: 50% of the tuition fees tenable for six years. All other costs, levies, charges etc. will be the responsibility of the parents.
Scholarship Value – Year 11: 50% of the tuition fees for the student in both Year 11 and Year 12. All other costs, levies charges etc. will be the responsibility of the parents.
- Please note that students can apply for both Academic and Music Performance Scholarships, but if successful will be awarded only one Scholarship.
- Continuation of the Academic and Music Performance Scholarship from one year to the next will be dependent upon a Scholarship student’s continuing satisfactory performance, conduct and contribution to the School. Music Performance Scholarship students will also be required to participate fully in the School’s Music programme including instrumental lessons, bands, ensembles and performances.
- A copy of July 2016 and December 2016 School Reports are required (including Music Reports/External Music Reports for Music Performance Scholarship applicants.) These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (08) 9537 0099 or posted to the School, marked for the attention of Mrs Dalton, at least 10 days prior to the examination. (School Reports are not required for students currently attending Frederick Irwin.)