Phone
School History

School History

Frederick Irwin Anglican School is one of the oldest Independent schools in the Peel Region.

The School opened in February 1991 with 175 students and now has 1530 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.

The school grounds and facilities have developed considerably since foundation, with the most recent additions of the Year 7 Transition Centre and the Rush Chapel, which was completed in July 2016.

Since its inception, the School has aimed continually to provide excellent facilities to further student academic, athletic and cultural opportunities for our students.

2011 saw the foundation Principal, Mr Geoffrey Arnold, hand the School over to its second Principal, Ms Kerry Robertson, to continue and grow the School into the 21st Century.


The School Name
Captain Frederick IrwinFrederick Irwin Anglican School was named after Captain Frederick Chidley Irwin in recognition of his contribution to the development of Western Australia at the time of its foundation.

Captain Irwin was a practising Anglican and also played a significant role in the establishment of the General Board of Education during his second term as Relieving Governor of the Swan River Colony.

The Irwin River, which rises in the Lower Murchison Region and flows into the Indian Ocean at Dongara, was named after him in recognition of his contributions to the development of the Swan River Colony, as was Chidley Point.

Halls Head Campus

Applications are invited for students entering Kindergarten to Year 6 (children born between 1 July 2006 and 30 June 2014) for the new Frederick Irwin Anglican School Halls Head Campus, opening Term 1, 2018.

Close Search